tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 28 17:42:12 2000

Re: Abbreviations

In a message dated 1/28/00 2:37:27 PM Central Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> One I've used (but not much):
>
>    rj'j:   ravDaq jIpum 'ej jIHagh

I (cryptically) posted {rpH} , which means about the same thing: {ravDaq
jIpum
jIHaghtaHvIS}.  I've used that one before, as I think I've seen others do, too
(Qov, maybe?).

I think any such abbreviation would have to use the significant letters of the
words, and not the prefix consonants.  The prefix consonants just don't
provide enough information about what the writer is trying to say.  Think of
the abbreviation as a form of clipped Klingon: {ravDaq pum HaghtaHvIS}.

-- ter'eS

http://www.geocities.com/teresh_2000
http://www.geocities.com/weseb_2000

Back to archive top level