tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 26 09:50:32 2000

Re: How do you say, Drak Jedi, in klingon?

>>>if you did try to transcribe it you might get {je'DI'}

>> But "Jedi" is pronounced with an "i" sound that more closely resembles
>>{ay}, qar'a'? So wouldn't another (better?) transliteration be {je'Day}?

>FYI, Okrand once rendered Lady Di as {Day joH} for the Radio Times:

If you want it to sound the same as how it is spoken here on tera', I would
drop the ['] .
['] does have its rightful place, but don't get all excited about it like
the writers at Paramount do.  Klingon words/names don't have to have a [']
in it.
[jeDay]

DloraH

Back to archive top level