tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 12 22:01:54 2000

RE: 'Iv jIH (KLBC)

ja'pu' SarDan:
>Holmey vItIv (Qov mu').

ja' pagh:
>I'm chuckling to myself a little bit. A few years ago, Qov knew just about
>every word of the vocabulary, so she knew all of the uncommon words that
>nobody else knew. We called them <Qov mu'mey> then, and we sometimes still
>do.

I too laughed when I read this.  Qov mu' 'oHbe' <tIv>'e'!  <rIvSo'>

Of course, that was before we got flooded by the new words presented in
Klingon for the Galactic Traveler.  There's now plenty of opportunity
for *anyone* to know lots of seldom-used words.  One of them went by
quite recently:  {ngol}.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level