tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 12 22:00:38 2000

betleH (was Re: Online Grammar Point)

ja' Gert S|nderby <[email protected]>:
>I believe I read somewhere that it's called a 'sword of honor'. In that
>case perhaps the term {batlh'etlh} - honor sword, might be accurate?
>It sounds plausible, at least.

Klingon for the Galactic Traveler explains that the word {betleH} is an
archaic form of the name "sword of honor".  {batlh 'etlh} -- note that
it's two separate words -- literally means "sword of honor", but we're
told that the longer phrase is almost never used except to explain or
translate the name {betleH}.  (See KGT page 59.)

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level