tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 06 21:16:15 2000

Re: a different KCD?

De'vID wrote:

: Dochvam 'oH nuq'e'?
:
http://merchant.superlibrary.com:8000/catalog/hg/PRODUCT/PAGE/06715/bud/0671
528734.html
:
: I have the Klingon CD (KCD) but it's the standard cover (the
: one with the bug-eyed Gowron on it).  Does anyone know where this
: cover is from?  Is it a previous cover they rejected?  And why is it
: called "Klingon Warrior: Starfleet Academy Holo-Simulation: #1 (Windows)".
: I am assuming it's the same thing as "Star Trek: Klingon".  Perhaps not?

Sorry, but it *is* KCD - the ISBNs are identical.

"Klingon Warrior: Starfleet Academy Holo-Simulation #1" was the original
title of KCD before it was changed to "ST: Klingon".  I wonder if Simon &
Schuster Interactive were thinking of putting out a series of
"holo-simulations" based on the various Star Trek races but changed their
mind.  Too bad.  I would like to have seen Vulcan and Romulan sims.

I suspect you're right about it being a rejected cover.  The photo of old
Kang, Koloth and Kor wielding bat'leths was later used on the cover of "The
Klingon Way", published in 1996.  Of all places to still have the
out-of-date image, it's on Simon & Schuster Interactive's very own
"Superlibrary" website!  Go figure.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons