tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 06 20:51:24 2000

Re: KLBC : A somewhat advanced translation...

[email protected] wrote:

> That is, the Klingons see a word like {bIQtIq}
> 'river' as being sematically the same as {bIQ tIq} 'long water'

. . .

> This being the case, they put Type 5 noun suffixes at the end of the meaning
> unit of noun + adjective. It would seem unnatural to them to separate them.

Except that if "lengthy water" actually means something to them, I haven't seen
any indication that they would object to <bIQvetlh tIq>

janSIy

jaghpu'lI' meQqu'moHjaj tIqlIj qul

Back to archive top level