tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 06 11:33:29 2000

Re: RE: KLBC: moratlh, nItlhwIj yIyuvHa'

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000 08:57:57 -0700  Burt Clawson
<[email protected]> wrote:

> ja' pagh:
>
> > bIpo'choHbej. tlhIngan Hol yIlo'taH. yInlIj yIDel. Qu'meylIj tIDel. yIqID.
> > lut tIqon 'ej ghoja'. tlhIngan Hol lo'lu'taHvIS rut Qatlh yIn wanI' motlh
> > DelmeH Qu', 'ach roD ghojlu'meH lI'.
> >
> 	Hu'tegh!  That last sentence blows me away!  Here's my attempted
> translation:
>
> 	"You are undoubtedly becoming skilled.  Keep using Klingon.
> Describe your life.  Describe your tasks.  Joke.  Write a story and tell us.
> While one is using Klingon, sometimes the typical task of describing life's
> events is complex, but it's usually useful for one to learn."
>

> 	- tuv'el

Very good, though I'd read that last sentence as:

"Sometimes the task of describing a typical event of life is
difficult while using Klingon language, but usually it is useful
for the purpose of learning." {motlh} is definitely a descriptor
for the event, not for the task.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level