tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 06 11:25:05 2000

Re: Dictionary

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000 17:06:20 +0000 (GMT) Mark A Miles
<[email protected]> wrote:

> The other day I had an idea... While TKD and KGT are great resources for
> *learning* and *understanding* Klingon grammar and usage, I sometime wish
> I had an English-Klingon/Klingon-English Dictionary in *book* form...
> (with *all* the words!) I don't like having to always run back to my
> computer and load up pojwI' (though it is a great piece of software).
>
> So how hard would it be to produce such a thing? And would Paramount allow
> it?

Produce it word by word, just like anyone else here. You can
definitely make such a list for yourself. It is when you start
passing it out or selling it to anyone else that
attracts the attention of Paramount lawyers.

When I produced my own Annotated Klingon Dictionary, it was a
simple Word file. I hand-built the Klingon-English and
English-Klingon sides, which was quite illuminating, considering
that more than a dozen words fail to match between the two sides.

It is a lot of work, but then quite a few people here have done
it, often repeatedly. It definitely builds your familiarity with
the vocabulary like no other excercise can.

> jenwI'

charghwI'

Back to archive top level