tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 20 08:06:04 2000

tIqwIj Sa'angnIS'a'? (U.S. politics)

While reading the news from CNN.com this morning, a line from Gov. George
W. Bush's victory speech to his supporters following yesterday's South
Carolina Republican primary just jumped off the screen at me:

                          ------------------

Battle moves to Michigan after Bush trumps McCain in South Carolina
by Mike Ferullo/CNN
February 19, 2000
Web posted at: 11:26 p.m. EST (0426 GMT)

[snip]
"I got knocked down in the snows of New Hampshire, so I went to my leaders
and said 'Put me in front of the people and let me show them my heart,'" an
elated Bush said Saturday night.
[snip]

So, is the governor {qumwI'} a Trekker, or is the phrase "show you/them my
heart" from some other tradition I'm not aware of that the Trek writers may
have borrowed for the Rite of Ascension ceremony?

I wonder if anyone else in his audience caught the reference.  Whatever its
source, the image is certainly memorable.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level