tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 20 22:52:19 2000

Re: KLBC -- SuvwI'pu' Hol

In a message dated 2/21/2000 12:37:15 AM Central Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

I hesitate to throw too much fuel onto the fires of discussion.  In Klingon
for the Galactic Traveler we have the sentence <<vaj Duj chIj>> and a long
explanation about why the word <<vaj>> is more appropriate than the word
<<SuvwI'>>.  I wonder how you all feel about the parallel I am thinking about
here.

Maybe I am completely wrong.  <<SuvwI' Hol>> does not only mean "The language
of the particular warrior," feasibly it could cover the broader meaning.

Xardana

<< > SuvwI'pu' Hol -- Warriors' Language?

 > My thinking here should be obvious <g>.

 This is correct. However, the plural suffix <-pu'>, like the other plural
 suffixes, is almost always optional. When used before <Hol> to talk about
 language names, Okrand has always left it off, and I would suggest you do
 the same here, winding up with just <SuvwI' Hol>.

 pagh
 Beginners' Grammarian >>

Back to archive top level