tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 16 19:03:10 2000

Re: <<KLIC>> bomuv boneH'a'? [KLBC]

jatlh tuv'el:
>         <<KLIC>> bomuv boneH'a'?
>         = Do you want to join the KLIC?

HIja'.  vImuvbej.
= Of course.  I will certainly join it.

>         What if we started the KLIC, Klingon Language Intermediate
> Conversation?  All the beginners who are doing really well in KLBC, but are
> still a bit intimidated by the expert conversations (like me), could post
> under an intermediate level.  No formal grammarian, anyone can respond, but
> at the same time a mark of KLIC would mean "I'm still not real sure I'm
> doing everything exactly right, so keep that in mind as you read my stuff."
> Just a thought.

qechvam chaw'pa' *pagh, "KLIC" vItagh vIneHbe'mo', vaj QInwIj "KLBC" vIper.
= I posted my idea under "KLBC" because I didn't want to start a "KLIC"
until I had pagh's approval.

ngupDaj vInIH vIneHbe'!
= I didn't want to steal his cape (authority). =)

'ej "KLIC" vImuvrup 'e' vISovchu'be'.
= And I don't know if I'm ready to join a "KLIC".

chaq "KLIC" muvlaHpa' taghwI', tlhIngan Hol SuvwI' nentay lopnISpu' ghaH.
= Perhaps before a beginner joins the "KLIC", he/she needs to have celebrated
the Klingon Language Warrior's Rite of Ascension.

jIqID neH.  'ach pabpo' chaw' wIHevnIS taghwI'pu' 'e' vIchup.
= Just joking.  But I do think that we beginners need the grammarian's
go-ahead first.

taHjaj "KLIC"!
= May the KLIC continue!

--
De'vID

Beam to http://www.StarTrek.com
Now featuring the Star Trek Store and
the official site for Star Trek: Insurrection.

Back to archive top level