tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 16 14:24:56 2000

<<KLIC>> bomuv boneH'a'? ( was RE: Two Rules [KLBC])

ja' De'vID:

> vaj latlh patlh qech vIparHa'.  botlh patlh per lo'lu'chugh, tlhIngan Hol
> DIvI' Hol je jatlhlu', 'ach jangnISbe' pabpo'.  janglaH Hoch.
> mujchugh QIn, jang pabpo'.  chup neHchugh, janglaH je.
> = So I like the idea of another "intermediate" level.  An "intermediate"
> message would have both Klingon and English, but the grammarian doesn't
> have
> to answer it.  Anyone can reply [how do I say, "Anyone can be the first to
> reply to it?"]  He would answer it only if it had mistakes, or if he had
> suggestions.
>
> > Qapla'
> > -StaZ
>
> qechwIj DaparHa' 'e' vItul.
> = I hope you like my idea.

	qechvam vIparHa'!
	= I like this idea!

	jIrap.
	= I am the same.

	pagh vIyIv vIneHQo'.
	= I don't want to annoy Pagh.

	'ach po'wI' jIHbe'qu'.
	= But I'm no expert.

	<<KLIC>> bomuv boneH'a'?
	= Do you want to join the KLIC?

	What if we started the KLIC, Klingon Language Intermediate
Conversation?  All the beginners who are doing really well in KLBC, but are
still a bit intimidated by the expert conversations (like me), could post
under an intermediate level.  No formal grammarian, anyone can respond, but
at the same time a mark of KLIC would mean "I'm still not real sure I'm
doing everything exactly right, so keep that in mind as you read my stuff."
Just a thought.

	- tu'vel

Back to archive top level