tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 16 14:27:46 2000

Re: Two Rules [KLBC] [patlh cha'??] [KLIC??]

<< So I like the idea of another "intermediate" level.  An "intermediate"  >>
<<  message would have both Klingon and English, but the grammarian doesn't
have  >>
<<  to answer it.  Anyone can reply [how do I say, "Anyone can be the first
to >>
<<  reply to it?"]  >>

jangpa' latlh bIjang SoH DaneHchugh, yIjaq! yIruch!
Freely, "If you want to answer before others do, go right ahead!"
Literally, "If *you* want to answer before another answers, be bold! Do it!"

<< He would answer it only if it had mistakes, or if he had suggestions.
<<  ...
<<  qechwIj DaparHa' 'e' vItul.
<<  I hope you like my idea.
<<  -- De'vID >>

loQ vIparHa'.  jabbI'ID DungDaq "patlh cha' " Deghvam leghDI' taghwI',
tlhIngan Hol mu'mey tlhej DIvI' Hol mu'mey 'e' Sov. bIngDaq "SKI" nejnISbe'.
I sort of like it, because when a beginner sees this "second level" symbol
above a message, he knows the English will accompany the Klingon; he doesn't
have to look for the "SKI" at the bottom.

'ach chaq maSeng'eghqangbe'; chaq mIwvam wIlIjtaH.
On the other hand, maybe we're not willing to trouble ourselves;
maybe we'll keep forgetting this step.

nab lulajchugh latlhpu' vaj vIlajbej.
If others accept the plan, then I definitely will too.

--jey'el

Back to archive top level