tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 14 21:43:57 2000

'Ij and qIm

Me too.  Especially since we also have /Qoy/ and /buS/.  In fact, I recall
that somewhere (THE KLINGON WAY I think, but I'm not sure) Okrand mentions
that /Qoy/ is preferable in a particular sentence than /'Ij/.  He talks
about how hearing is better than listening, or thereabouts, rather than
transitivity, but I was hoping that it was a sneaky way to get one to choose
/Qoy/ in that transitive sentence rather than /'Ij/.  The hearing/listening
part seems backwards, anyway.

But, alas, it isn't so.  Unless we are told otherwise, I believe the Star
Trek V script excerpts are proof that /'Ij/ and /qIm/ are allowed to be used
with objects.

SuStel
Stardate 123.9

P.S.: Anyone else upset that we didn't get to see the word for "scope" and
the line "Alter the attack course!" in the excerpts?