tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 08 19:52:01 2000

Re: lIy mupvo' *crater* ghap

Ed:
> *mars*Daq ghor juSta' wa'logh qetbogh 'e' taSvo' ralthbogh vInejlI'. [...]
> I was looking at the traces of liquids that once ran across the surface of
> mars.

I understood you, but I'm pretty sure that the use of the word "once"
to denote "a long time ago" is an English-ism that doesn't make sense
in Klingon.  /wa'logh/ means "once" only in the sense of "one time"
and not "long ago", as far as I know.

Which leads to the question, is there a way to say "Once upon a time"
in tlhIngan Hol?

--
De'vID