tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 18 16:22:11 2000

RE: nuqDaq So'taH qoloth?

> I'm trying to say "Help me find Koloth"
> My first stab at it was
>
>      qoloth So'Ha'ghach So'be'meH HIQaH
>
> which is literally "Help me in order to reveal Koloth's
> lacation." Is this grammatically correct? Is there an
> easier way to say this?

Since nobody else has answered you yet, I'll help out.

Quick answer: this is not correct, and yes there are better ways.

So'be'meH = for the purpose of not hiding ...
So'Ha'ghach = (hmm, interesting.)
"Help me for the purpose of not hiding Koloth's uncloaktion"

find = Sam
and you already have QaH = help

qolotlh vISam = I find Koloth
HIQaH = help me

connect them with [-meH]
qolotlh vISammeH HIQaH = help me to find Koloth

DloraH

Back to archive top level