tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 02 09:54:46 1999

Re: American cars (klbc)

"Andeen, Eric" wrote:

> jatlh Ed:
>
> > DujlIj luDIjpu'DI', DujlIjvaD lulo'pu' nuq ritlh.
> > when they painted your car, what color did they use ?
>
> A couple of problems here. To start with, <nguvmoH> would be better than
> <DIj> for this kind of painting. Also, the <-DI'> suffix doesn't really
> connect the act of painting the car with the rest of the sentence. The
> suffix <-meH> does, and it's perfect here. The <-pu'> aspect suffix doesn't
> really work either.
>
> Also, this is the perfect place for the indefinite subject suffix <-lu'>.
> Who exactly is the "they" in your English sentence? It's not important -
> indefinite.
>
> DujlIj nguvmoHmeH rItlh lo'lu'bogh yIngu'.
>
> pagh

	I choose to paint with a pigment stick (DIj), because the act of
factory finish painting uses a robotic spray system, if the vehicle was
sunk into a tank of primer, that would be tinting (nguv).

DujlIj DIjmeH rItlh lo'lu'bogh yIngu'.

Back to archive top level