tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 21 19:30:08 1999

Re: deciphering taHjaj wo', is this correct?

ja' [email protected]:
>may the empire endure...
>
>                  comments from anyone would be appreciated .

I have only one comment.  The noun suffix {-maj} means "our".  It should
not be confused with the exclamation {maj} meaning "good, fine".  You've
incorrectly understood {juHmaj} as "good home" instead of "our home", and
{Heghmaj} as "die well" instead of "our death".

Aside from that, you pretty much got the translation correct.  Whether or
not you captured the essence of the anthem is a topic for much discussion
and debate, but I'm not going to start it. :-)

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level