tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 28 18:41:13 1999

Re: KLBC Help with a word...

ja'pu' pagh:
> najlu'chu'DI', wanI' Dun law' yuch Dun puS.
>
>So what this literally means is "When one dreams perfectly, the event is
>better than chocolate". By far the best way to translate it into English is:
>"A good dream is better than chocolate".

ja' HomDoq:
>this is really bugging me :(
>
>the way I'd interpret sentences like this is:
>"the event (whatever it may be) is better than chocolate,
>but this statement is true only at those times when one
>dreams perfectly"

I don't understand what's bugging you about it.  The event is obviously
the one that was just mentioned, i.e. dreaming perfectly.  If I wanted
to give a "conditional" meaning to the idea, I'd use {-chugh} instead of
{-DI'}.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level