tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 19 07:34:15 1999

Re: KLBC Help with a word...

ja' pagh:
>  najlu'chu'DI', wanI' Dun law' yuch Dun puS.
>
> So what this literally means is "When one dreams perfectly, the event is
> better than chocolate". By far the best way to translate it into English is:
> "A good dream is better than chocolate".

this is really bugging me :(

the way I'd interpret sentences like this is:
"the event (whatever it may be) is better than chocolate,
but this statement is true only at those times when one
dreams perfectly"

jInaj. vaj qaja'laH <<wanI'vam Dun law', yuch Dun puS.>>
I have dreamt/I dreamed. Therefore I can tell you:
"This is greater than chocolate."

                                           Marc Ruehlaender
                                           aka HomDoq
                                           [email protected]