tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 17 18:01:24 1999

RE: KLBC Help with a word...

<long discussion snipped>

jatlh juDmoS:

> Besides, I thought that I put "KLBC" into the header so that
> the BG will evaluate my grammar before anyone else chastises
> me for my errors. It's *after* my questions are answered that
> you're supposed to attack my motives and my methods.
> (Remember that all I asked was for a noun form of "dream".)

Well, the BG was moving and had account problems. I'm back now.

In answer to your question, no, there is no noun for "dream". What is a
"dream", anyway? It all depends on the context. It could be an event -
<wanI'> - or a time period - <poH>. You're simply not going to find a simple
noun or noun phrase that you can generically plug in for "dream". That's
what makes languages fun. Here are some Klingon sentences about dreaming.
Let's see how you would translate them into English.

Do'Ha' 'eqqu'mo' vemmeH repwIj, ngaj najmeH poHwIj.
Qel, wa'Hu' ram jInajtaHvIS, toQ vImoj. yIpoj. nuq 'oS?
najlu'chu'DI', wanI' Dun law' yuch Dun puS.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ