tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 17 17:42:45 1999

Pronunciation and ST:Klingon LangLab

I've been trying to improve my Pronunciation using the ST:Klingon
LangLab.

I've been trying and trying and trying.  Is it me or is it very
difficult to get it to recognise words?  Now I'm sure my pronunciation
is bad, but it will not even think about a word that I'm sure I'm
saying just like they do on the CD.

Some words it may like enough to at least think about them.  Some it
even almost recognises.  I've just spent 30 minutes trying to say
Qapla'.  The number of times I've heard MO say: This word ends
abruptly with a glutal stop. Don't end the words by saying laaa say
la'.  Qapla'.

It's starting to wind me up.

Sometimes  I get a Completed! and then a %, but it's about 2%
(although I just got 34% by some strange accident.  Try again and this
time we're back to "This word....")

It will not even give me enough time to say tlhIngan Hol Dajatlh'a',
let alone trying to tell me where I'm going wrong.

I had not installed it until today and so I'd not read the bit about
issues with non SB16 cards.  I've got a SBLive! Anyone tried it with
one of these???  It does not have any SB16 hardware, just an emulator
and this is turned off as it uses Another IRQ, and I'm out of IRQs.

Any help Very welcome.

Thanks

'oghwI'

Back to archive top level