tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 17 13:17:27 1999

Re: Annoyance

On 17 Nov 99, at 8:01, Banks Sgt Christopher J wrote:

> 	Ok, ok. I've been on the list now for some 3 weeks

<snip>

> However, before doing so let me express an opinion. I know a lot of
> you on the list that know a whole lot more then I do not try to
> come off as arrogant and demoralizing to the beginners. But a lot
> of you don't succeed very well. I'm surprised there's any beginners
> left after some of the word lashings, as it is.

Well, a LOT Of it is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose.  I;ve been
on this and other lists for several years, and I can tell you that the
KLI list seems to be about average.  If you would like to see some
REALLY rancorous debate, pop over to the Microsoft Exchange
discussion list at www.swinc.com.  You could run a crematorium
with some of the newbie flames over there.

Every time I see a flame war heat up on one of these lists, followed
by the various forms of "if we don't stop doing this, everyone is
going to go away," I am reminded of the comment (by Abraham
Lincoln, I believe) that, despite the fact that cats fight all the time,
there always seem to be enough cats.

pe'vIl targhmey qaDqu' targhmey, 'ach wej Hoch targhmey HoHta'
targh pachDu'

'etlhqengwI'
(vuDmeywIjvaD jIngoy' jiH'e')

Back to archive top level