tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 17 08:14:28 1999

Annoyance

	Ok, ok. I've been on the list now for some 3 weeks and have only
very recently begun studying the language. I.E. Memorizing the verb prefixes
and word ordering while using a sort of passive learning to help me along. I
figured I'd start throwing out what I "think I've learned". However, before
doing so let me express an opinion. I know a lot of you on the list that
know a whole lot more then I do not try to come off as arrogant and
demoralizing to the beginners. But a lot of you don't succeed very well. I'm
surprised there's any beginners left after some of the word lashings, as it
is. I thought this was suppose to be an impartial list dedicated to the
continuation of the Klingon language? If it truly is to be a place such as
that, please reevaluate your posts to us newbies for what I've stated. If it
sounds a bit condescending to you, it probably crescendos on those whose its
targeted on. Ok, sorry for the long ramble, but I thought it had to be said.
Now, please correct these extremely basic sentences and let me know how I
can grow as a speaker in this wonderful language.
jISopta' -I have eaten
		(Could this also mean I have already ate? It may seem like a
silly question, but hey I did say I was a beginner.)
Qa'wej chollI'be'
	-The three animals are not getting closer
		(Butchered this one, didn't I)
Just a few for today. Let me know the error of my ways if you could. Thanks.
Guan

Back to archive top level