tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 17 07:43:45 1999

nIchyon (was: Re: KLBC / tv commercial)

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999 19:03:09 -0500 TPO <[email protected]> wrote:

> >taQqu' nIchyon QIch.  nom jatlh jay'! 'ach Duy'bejmo' *vowels-Daj,
> >pIj mu'meyDaj vIyajlaHbe'.  Do'Ha' ngaj poHmaj tay'.
>
> qen nuq veng Dab nIchyon

I just want to point out that you can't use {nuq} like this. You
want to say "What city?". Meanwhile, in this English example,
that's the same thing as "Which city?" I haven't seen anyone
else address this, though other parts of this message got

In Klingon, {nuq} is a noun. It is only a noun. It is not an
adjective. In your reply, you replace the noun {nuq} with the
noun that it represents.

The only way we know to express what you were trying to ask is
to take an approach similar to:

qen veng'e' Dabbogh nIchyon yIngu'.

You change the question into a command: "Identify the city where
Nick dwelt recently."

> DloraH

charghwI'

Back to archive top level