tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 16 22:32:18 1999

KLBC: mass translation

greetings from the empire!!
pagh, (nothing?,no-one?)
 you are certainly not nothing!! heehee pagh soHbejbe'
(I find your choice of name quite humorous)
I plan to learn tlhIngan Hol practically overnight (in three stages)
 (perhaps reach the depth of understanding of HoD Qanqor himself
    -by the way I thought that the *HoD* was supposed to be after the
   name? IE *qanqor HoD*= *Captain krankor* and not the way he does it)
the three stages being:
   1)mughta' De''a'/poj  -   mass translation/analysis
   2)ngav
   3)my own compositions- ghItlhta' De'meywij (lit.=* my information written*-is that the best choice for *my own compositions*? any alternatives?)
    my first translation attempt is below (after endless page-flipping to translate it).So please evaluate it and any other thing that is written in klingon and please be picky especially if you think of any alternive or better words. I have printed out about 14 digests so far and plan to analyze/translate stuff ramdomly picked from that)

(ghunchu'wI''utlh wrote)
>loQ qutlh Las Vegas, 'ach qep'a' cher'lu net nabchugh, Dogh Daqvetlh
-->Las Vegas is a little bit cheep however,if planned, that the meeting is foolish at that location
>pa' law'qu' muchmey.pa' law'qu nuvmey. Las Vegas vISuchchugh,
>Hoch vIlegh vInegh.Hoch vIta' vIneH. qep'a' vIbuSnIS vIneHbe'.

-->there are many people and presentations.I will see every one if I
-->visit Las Vegas. (1st question is can I combine the 2 klingon sentences to form the english one *there are many people and presentations* with out breaking a rule of translation?
.....2nd question: with *vInegh* vI tells me its a verb (verb prefix)
but I can only find negh (noun-*soldier*)so is there a *negh* thats a verb that I dont know of or is it translated *I will soldier you*?
I doubt it but what else is there?)
-->I want to accomplish it all.I dont want(want what?).I need to focus
-->on the meeting.
>Dalbe' Philadelphia, 'ach Philadelphia jot law' Las Vegas jot puS.
-->Philedelphia is not boring nevertheless Las Vegas and Philedelphia
-->are very calm.
>chuSqu' Las Vegas. Qongbe' Las Vegas. rut Qong Philadelphia retlh.
-->Las Vegas is very noisey and doesnt sleep.The area next to
-->Philidelpia somtimes sleeps.
>Philadelphia vImas jIH. pa' vIjaHmeH, yavDujwIj vIlo'laH. mutlhejlaH
-->I Prefer Philedelphia.I am valuble to my car(what?).I go there for
-->the purpose of it(?).(meybe I'm mistranslating it and its the wife in the next sentence that he is valuble to or possibly he meant *it is valuble to me* but to do that wouldnt he need a *mu* like *mulo'laH*?
also I dont know what purpose he is talking about
>be'nalwI (puqloDwI'je).
-->my wife(puqloDwI'je) is able to accompany me.
>qep'a' Daq chu' wISovchoH 'e' vIlos. Swimming pool ghaj'a'?
-->I wait [so] that we will know the new site [for] the meeting
I added the *so* to the sentence so it would make sence but wouldnt there have to be a *vaj'* (adverbial) for me to put that there?
could qep'a' be translated as *studygroup* instead of *meeting*?
P.S. I just want to say to ghunchu'wI''utlh that I'm not questioning his ability with
chavta'ngav   (daryl quick)

P.S. I just want to say to ghunchu'wI''utlh that I'm not questioning his ability with klingon phrazing I'm just analizing to learn =]

Back to archive top level