tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 15 12:20:15 1999

Re: jubluH'a'?

ja' Ed <[email protected]>:
>    So that's the verb of the pronoun. The TDK has ('oH) listed as "it" a
>pronoun, and in MO's recent posts, I was informed that ('oH) could be
>used as "to be".

Ed, you need to read The Klingon Dictionary again.  There are a few
concepts in there that didn't sink in the first time.  Don't think
I'm singling you out for abuse, though.  *Everyone* has to read it
through, cover to cover, several times, before they notice most of
what's in there.

Specifically, you've missed the entirety of section 6.3. "To be".
That's where the use of {'oH} to mean "it is" is explained fully.

You also ignored the small task I set for you, so I'll repeat it:
>> "The universe apparently levies a tax.  If you move something, you
>> are taxed."
>>
>> Try translating this.  It should fall into place rather easily.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level