tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 11 13:31:01 1999

Re: tlhIngan irc chat room

>Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 10:52:46 +0000 (/etc/localtime)
>From: Chris <[email protected]>
>
>Sure,
>
>The irc server is klingon.dhs.org
>The room is #tlhIngan
>It seems to be most active during the EST day.
>
>We also have a web page at http://klingon.dhs.org/irc
>There is a telnet link which will allow you to connect to the irc server
>with out downloading an irc client.
>
>Qapla'

OK, so I've been checking out the IRC channel.  Very fine, I approve, at
least until we can get the MUSH back online.

I wonder, though: why not set the thing up on a major network, like DALnet
or something?  That way we'd have a little more exposure, maybe could troll
for channels with names like #startrek or #klingon or whatever and see if
we can bring others in?  It's no effort to establish a channel on IRC (you
don't need a 'bot, right?) and it would de-centralize things a little (in a
good way).

Yes/no/maybe?

~mark

Back to archive top level