tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 11 14:00:26 1999

Re: tlhIngan irc chat room

The problem with a big server net is lamers ... and people who don't
really want to speak klingon . Right now I"m benefitting greatly from the
chat room. I"ve learned more in a week, than by myself in months. EFnet
and the others are also very busy . A good way to advertise the server is
on the kli page and other related pages IMHO .

Lt.Commander Maud Freifelder /Lt.Commander malqa
Chief Security Officer /Chief of Cadet Corps.
USS Triumph NCC-26228/R2/ Starfleet
(Triumph Against All Odds)

jIjatlhpa' jatlh Hovmey (The stars will talk before I will)

On 11 Nov 1999, Mark E. Shoulson wrote:

> I wonder, though: why not set the thing up on a major network, like DALnet
> or something?  That way we'd have a little more exposure, maybe could troll
> for channels with names like #startrek or #klingon or whatever and see if
> we can bring others in?  It's no effort to establish a channel on IRC (you
> don't need a 'bot, right?) and it would de-centralize things a little (in a
> good way).
>
> Yes/no/maybe?
>
> ~mark

Back to archive top level