tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 09 11:32:56 1999

Re: [KLBC] jIHeDta'

> jatlh 'oghwI':
>
> > jIHeDta'.
>
> qatlh bIHeDnIS? may'Daq bIQapbe'chu'lI''a'?

vIHechbe' HeD, vIHech chegh.  :)

(I'm not sure if this is correct, I'm not to sure if it is Subject or
Object)

> > vaj vIHaDqa'.
>
> maj.

This is probably more understandable now that I've used the correct
word.
Looked at the incorrect row in the Dictionary.

> > ####
> > I then tried to think how I would say, that I remembered a small
> > amount of Klingon.
>
> > tlhInang Hol mach jIh.
> > This is not correct (I'm sure)
>
> I am a small Klingon language? Nope. Also, remember the <H> in
<jIH>.

Yes, that's what I thought I had said here.  I like to show the
thought process, it's easier to see where you go along the incorrect
path that way.

> > tlhInang Hol mach jIqaw.
> > Is posibly closer.
>
> The prefix should be <vI-> rather than <jI->. Also, you're saying "I
> remember a small Klingon language", small referring to physical
size.
> Doesn't make much sense, does it?

:)

So how would I say "A small amount of <someting>".

> > tlhInang Hol jIqawchu'be'
> > Maybe??.
>
> Well, other than the prefix (see above), this is perfect.
>
> > On Another note, can you tell me what I said here, so I can check
what
> > I think I said is what I said:
>
> > tlhIngan jIH.
>
> I am a Klingon. maj.
>
> > bIjatlhHa'chugh qaHoHqu'vIpbe'.
>
> If you misspeak, I will not be afraid to really kill you. The only
weirdness
> here is <-qu'> on <HoH>, which does not translate into English very
well. It
> probably works OK in the Klingon, though.

Well to tell you the truth, I worked out what it should be, then
looked up that section of the dictionary and it had that word there,
but with different orders of the suffixes to mine.  So I moved
the -qu', as I wanted more of a "I will not be afraid to KILL you",
rather than "I will NOT be afraid to kill you".

I think it's page 49 of TKD.

> > DaH HItlhIj.
>
> Now appologize to me!

Yep that's exactly what I wanted.