tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 09 11:28:04 1999

Re: KLBC / DaHjaj: lupwI' DaSmeywIj ghap

> jatlh pIl'o':
>
> > Ha'DIbaH 'oHpu'chugh puH DujwIj vaj vIbach.

ja' pagh:

> jIyaj. rut DujwIj vIQaw'qanglaw' jIH.
>

> > tugh  QapHa'  loS *struts  wa' *ball joint je'.
>
> ghay'cha'. mu'tlheghvam vIlaDDI' jInogh.

I cannot find the verb [nogh]

> > 'ach wej Sovlaw'taH DujwIj qa'.
>
> DaH jIyajbe'. nuq Sov DujlIj qa'? jImIS.

...but the spirit of the car does not yet know it (that it is so deteriorated,
very old, used up)

> > 'u'majDaq 'oHtaHchugh DujmeyvaD Sto'vo'qor
> > vaj vIHoHqangchu'neS.
>
> This kind of N1-S5 N2 construction is kind of weird. Instead, I would just
> use <Duj Sto'vo'qor>. Also, <'u'majDaq Duj Sto'vo'qor tu'lu'chugh ...> would
> be better for expressing "If there is ..."

oops. I got things turned around. I'm saying to myself in my head "sto'vor'qor
for cars, if there is one in our universe, then I'd be willing to put the
honorable thing finally out of it's misery" (willing to kill perfectly) yes, I
admit, it's too weird.
I'm a bit confused. In the sentence "If there is a car heaven, then..." what is
the subject  and what is the verb? In the tlhIngan Hol sentence "if one finds a
....." is the indefinate "one" the subject?
I'm trying to visualize some sort of memnonic (is that the correct word for word
picture in your head to understand/remember something?)  the -tu'lu' concept.
for "there is". loQ 'oy' QoghIjwIj.
                                                                        pIl'o'

Back to archive top level