tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 09 10:19:11 1999

RE: [KLBC] jIHeDta'

jatlh 'oghwI':

> jIHeDta'.

qatlh bIHeDnIS? may'Daq bIQapbe'chu'lI''a'?

> vaj vIHaDqa'.

maj.

> ####
> I then tried to think how I would say, that I remembered a small
> amount of Klingon.

> tlhInang Hol mach jIh.
> This is not correct (I'm sure)

I am a small Klingon language? Nope. Also, remember the <H> in <jIH>.

> tlhInang Hol mach jIqaw.
> Is posibly closer.

The prefix should be <vI-> rather than <jI->. Also, you're saying "I
remember a small Klingon language", small referring to physical size.
Doesn't make much sense, does it?

> tlhInang Hol jIqawchu'be'
> Maybe??.

Well, other than the prefix (see above), this is perfect.

> On Another note, can you tell me what I said here, so I can check what
> I think I said is what I said:

> tlhIngan jIH.

I am a Klingon. maj.

> bIjatlhHa'chugh qaHoHqu'vIpbe'.

If you misspeak, I will not be afraid to really kill you. The only weirdness
here is <-qu'> on <HoH>, which does not translate into English very well. It
probably works OK in the Klingon, though.

> DaH HItlhIj.

Now appologize to me!

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian