tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 04 18:36:03 1999

Re: KLBC: Undoubtedly continue to..

ja' HomDoq:
>The problem is, that it makes perfect sense (at least to me),
>interpreted as "you will survive honourably". How am I
>supposed to know, the speaker meant "batlhHa' bIHegh"?

It's simple.  To "not-die honorably" is a nonsense concept in the
Klingon culture. :-)  Thus it must mean something else.

>Did Okrand write this "batlh bIHeghbe'" before he came up
>with batlhHa'?

Whether he came up with {batlhHa'} before or after it, he certainly
*said* {Hoch DaSopbe'chugh batlh bIHeghbe'} first.  (It's one of the
"holiday proverbs" presented on the Power Klingon audiotape.)

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level