tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 02 07:29:59 1999

Re: KLBC: Undoubtedly continue to..

jatlh ~mark:
> Well, the only "global -be'" that I know of (if I'm understanding you
> right) is {batlh bIHeghbe'} for "You will die without honor."  I can see
> how that's annoying, but on the other hand I can see why it's necessary.
> Again, Klingon is not totally rule-bound.  You apply the rules, but also
> you apply some intuition and common sense.  There's a fine line to walk, of
> course, between bending the rules or faking it when they're insufficient,
> and ignoring them altogether or not trying hard enough to apply them.

The problem is, that it makes perfect sense (at least to me),
interpreted as "you will survive honourably". How am I
supposed to know, the speaker meant "batlhHa' bIHegh"?
Did Okrand write this "batlh bIHeghbe'" before he came up
with batlhHa'?

                                           Marc Ruehlaender
                                           aka HomDoq
                                           [email protected]