tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 02 14:02:06 1999

Re: KLBC: Undoubtedly continue to..

jatlh charghwI':
>Face it. {-moH} is a problem. I basically believe that it has
>simple, limited utility and people try to push it too far.
>Overwork {-moH} and communication fails to happen. I feel like
>that now that we have finally stopped overworking {-ghach}, we
>should start a campaign to discourage the abuse of {-moH}. If a
>grammatical tool fails to convey clear meaning, then it works
>best to restrict its use to areas where it works well rather
>than use it frequently and argue about what the result means.

jIQochbe'. Sometimes I wish that {-moH} were a full-fledged verb instead of
merely a suffix. For example, instead of {vISopmoH}, you would say {Sop 'e'
vImoH}. You could just say what was being caused and then add {...'e' moH} to
the end.

- DujHoD

Back to archive top level