tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 04 23:00:07 1999

Re: Up a blind alley

ja' quljIb:
>I realize I should have been more specific. I cannot find the words
>{letlh}, {gher}, and {qel}. Other than that, I get the gist of the
>message.

reH latlh qabDaq qul tuj law' Hoch tuj puS.  Every place I wrote the
word {letlh}, substitute {tetlh}.  It's in KGT, a noun meaning "list"
or "scroll".  (KGT also gives {letlh} "stairs" or "stairway".)

{gher} is a verb meaning "compile" or "pull together".  It constrasts
with {qon} "record".  While {qon} can refer to the act of composition,
{gher} would refer to writing down things that are already known.  The
usage was explained by Okrand in the startrek.klingon newsgroup.

Because {gher} isn't in any of the published books, it should be found
in the New Words list posted on the KLI's web site.

{qel} is in The Klingon Dictionary, page 184, meaning "consider, take
into account."

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level