tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 25 14:42:08 1999

Re: use {law'/puS} bIQ'a'Daq

This REALLY doesn't work.

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999 10:22:10 -0800 (PST) Ed <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Alan Anderson wrote:
>
> > Since I don't know the first thing about what you're trying to say, I
> > am unable to read through the apparent misplaced words.  If you want
> > help with saying it more clearly, you'll have to explain what you mean
> > in English first. :-)
> >
> > -- ghunchu'wI'
>

> ghom nger,'unmo' je hIV bIQ'a'Daq

Locatives come first. You have one as the last word in your
apparent attempt at a sentence. This never happens.

You also apparently disconnected the two syllables of {HIvje'},
while screwing up the upper/lower case of the letters and then
reversed them, dropping the apostrophe for no apparent reason.

Add that your English translation doesn't make any more sense
than the Klingon did. What, exactly, are you trying to
accomplish here?

> lo'laH ghoHta'meH, *{tkd 70}*
> 	'un bIQ law' HIvje' bIQ puS

{-meH} clauses preceed the noun or verb they modify. Yours
follows what it seemingly is modifying. Then you try to use
{bIQ} as a verb of quality. It is a noun.

These are mistakes enough that it is fair to say you should
abandon this project and start over with something less
ambitious. This is not insulting. Just start working with things
that are simple enough that you can handle them. Okay?

charghwI' 'utlh

> ma'angbejlI'jaj,
>         'unDaq malegh, 'ay'mey law' bIQ,
> 	'ej HIvje'Daq malegh, 'ay'mey puS bIQ,
> ma'angbejlI'jaj, 'un HIvje' ngaSlaw'bogh, mamuv bIQmey,
> 	vaj bIQ HIvje'Daq 'unDaq ngaSbejta',
> 	{mo' bIQ | 'un > hIVje' }
> 	vaj, 'un bIQ ngaS chevpu'chugh HIvje'vo',
> 	ghoHmeH, 'un bIQ law' HIv bIQ puS
>

> group number, due to pot and glass in ocean
>
> can use for agrument, *(tdk70)*
> 	pot be meny water glass be few water
> we may show,
> 	we see in pot, water be meny parts,
> 	and we see in glass, water be few parts,
> we may show, pot if apparently contain glass, we join waters.
> 	(rationale, for water , pot is greater than glass)
> 	so then, pot contain water if seperate from glass,
> 	for agruments, pot be meny water, glass be few water,

Back to archive top level