tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 25 12:00:16 1999

Re: qul tuq

Voragh:
> The "House of Fire" is the title of a popular Klingon opera {ghe'naQ}
> telling the tale of the House of SepIch.

muHwI':
: >Does anyone have pictures or drawings of that building?

DloraH:
: "that building"??  what building?
: The "House of Fire" and the "House of SepIch" are not buildings.
: tuq (house) is family line, clan. You want a picture of Pok's home?

When I first read {qul tuq}, I assumed that the title referred to the no
doubt inspiring and honorable (of course!) struggle of the House of SepIch,
who brushed aside all their enemies like fire, an unopposable force of
nature.  But it just dawned on me that there may be a double entendre, viz.
the well-known Klingon proverb:

	meQtaHbogh qachDaq Suv qoH neH.
	Only a fool fights in a burning house. TKW

Does KCD mention who wrote the opera?

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons