tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 23 16:33:32 1999

bogh veng noy'Ighrov (fwd)

I've recently been inspired to write an original Klingon epic (y'know,
thirty pages or so...) and I'd appreciate any help I can get in this
endeavour. Listed below are the cast of main characters, items of
interest, and the first two introductory verses. All words not explicitly
considered canon by Voragh and Company were made up by me and no one else
can take the blame for there existance.

Enjoy!

quljIb
======
bogh veng noy'Ighov - The Founding of Noy'Ighov City*

ben law', ben law'
no'ma' no' jajmeyDaq
che'pu'DI' voDleH Qav
HuDmeyvo' Doq jevpu'
veSjoH na'ghratlh

tIqnagh qIjqu'
ghIvDra'e' lIghpu'
HuDmey Doq, tlhIyong bIQtIq
je jojDaq pumpu'
SuvwI' QaQ Hoch

Trans:
"Many years ago, many years ago,
In the days of our ancestors' ancestors,
When the last Emperor reigned,
>From the Red Hills stormed
The warlord N'Grath.

"The balck tknag
Geevdra he rode.
Between the Red Hills
And the River Tl'yohng fell
Every good warrior."

======
Cast of Main Characters:

Qorvatlh quljIb (Krorvaltz "Firehair") :-)
adopted son of luQatlh,
hunter of a thousand furred serpents,
founder of Veng Noy'Ighrov (see below),
and Hero of this tale

'Ighrov chISwI' ('Ighrof "the White"), son of luQatlh
a near albino and excellent architecht (he designed Veng
Noy'Ighro - see below) and a dreamer,
brother and best friend to Qorvalth

luQatlh (L'Kraltz)
village elder, father 'Ighrov and to Qorvatlh,
friend to Lord Su'oy (Zhu'oy)

Lord Su'oy (Zhu'oy)
govener of the ngIv and yoghaS districts,
fought na'ghratlh with 400 peasent soldiers (and was captured),
friend to House luQalth,
a short, stocky, and amiable fellow

[The distict lord was born Su'nabIm (Zhu'Nab'm) As the youngest of five
brothers and a midget (he barely stands over 4 'ujmey tall) he was always
his mother's favorite. People everywhere would call him {Su'oy} "little
Zhu'" and the name stuck. He's so used to it now, that when some one calls
him Su'nabIm he forgets to respond! Plus, only he can lift {Su'oySor}
(see below)]

na'ghratlh (N'Grath)
warlord from the Deadlands beyond the Red Hills,
wears a cloak made from the beards of his enemies,
weilds a serated meqleH
the villian of the tale (as if you couldn't guess!)

ghIvDra (Geevdra)
na'ghratlh's black tIqnagh,
many believe the demon steed was sent by veghlar

vogh'e' ("the Vogh")
na'ghratlh's warriors,
specialized in hit-and-run tactics,
so named because, upon returning from a search, all the Emperor's
soldiers could report is that they werre "somewhere" {voghDaq}

ra'uSma rorwI' (Ra'ushma "the Fat")
a targ farmer and best all-around (and he is round!)cook
in ngIv district,
a coward and a gossip

======
Points of Interest:

{Huqmey Doq} - the Red Hills, they form a fence between the ngIv
district and the Deadlands beyond

{HoHpu'bogh puHmey} - the Deadlands, an area long decimated by
war and famine

{tlhIyong bIQtIq}   - the River Tl'yong, divdes ngIv district and
yoghaS district
~
{qulSor} - firepine, so named because its bark {Sor DIr} and sap
{Sor 'Iw} burn to the touch, the sap is also flamable and used in
lamps, there are three kinds:

	{qulSor chIS} - the white firepine
	{qulSor wov}  - the yellow firepine
	{qulSor SuD}  - the blue firepine

{muquba ghew} - M'kuba bee, they make honey in the hollows of
the {qulSormey chIS}

{muquba ghew veng} - M'kuba bee-hive

*{veng noy'Ighrov} - "The City of Famous 'Ighrov",
properly this should be {noybogh 'Ighrov veng}, but Qorvalth
thought the former sounded more poetic

{lungtagh} - Serpent Knife, Qorvalth's hunting spear,
the blade is made from the fang of a tika cat,
bears the mark of House luQatlh

{Qorvatlh may'wep} - Qorvatlh's battle-jacket,
made from alternating verticle strips of lizard skin and
furred serpent pelts and reinforced with bits of metal {baS}

{Su'oySor} - Zh'oyzhor "Su'oy's Tree",
a great wooden club wielded by the district govener

Back to archive top level