tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 22 14:17:46 1999

Re: KLBC: {-ghach} (was Re: qama')

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999 10:00:03 -0800 (PST) david joslyn
<[email protected]> wrote:

> ... a "replacement proverb" I came up with in case I couldn't get a
> decent answer. Here it is:
>
> {neghDaj DevmeH, vuvchaj ghajnISqu' ra'wI' pagh ra'laHbe'}
>
> To lead his troops, a commander _must_ have their respect or he cannot
> command them.

Having read your comment on others' suggestions on this
translation, the other way to go is:

DevwI' vuvnIS neghDaj pagh neghvam ra'laHbe'.

That seems closer to what you really wanted. Redundency of
verbs is not prized in Klingon. Redundency in nouns in Klingon
is inconsequential. This is one of the ways in which verbs show
their greater significance to the language.

> quljIb

charghwI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level