tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 18 15:57:10 1999

Re: 'Iv jIH?

On 18-Mar-99, Lieven L. Litaer wrote:
> ghItlh 'upSala'ngan:

>> 'ach qapubpu' 'ej jIDIv.
> "But I boiled you and I'm guilty" ??

<<'ach jIQaghpu' 'ej jIDIv.>> chaq 'e' vIHech'a'?
jIqawbe'. jImISqa'.
qapub, vInIDbe'qu'. yIlImQo'. =|:-)

>> I use comma everywhere I feel that I would have helped me when I had just
>> begun to be able to read klingon. That
> [...]

>> I anyone have any opinions about whether it is a good practice or not to
>> use puntuation this way I open for suggestions.
> Yes, me! :-)
> I think for you it's okay to use them in order to keep long sentences
> cut apart, but it confuses me.
> I believe it can be useful for advanced beginners to put one in long
> sentences like {qaStaHvIS wa' ram loSSaD Hugh SIjlaH qetbogh loD}
> between {qaStaHvIS wa' ram} and {loSSaD Hugh SIjlaH qetbogh loD}.

Ok. I get a better feel as to whether it is good to use commas by using
them.. Perhaps they'll just fade away in time.

>> Ooops! {DopDaq qul yIchenmoH QobDI' ghu'.} Wrong prefix - my misstake.
> qabbe'. bIQaghtaHvIS bIghoj.

>> "I am he." - It almost sounds Shakesperian, don't you think? I believe
>> it's grammatical - but I think your suggestions are that too. Only a
>> choice of preference then. - I liked {ghaH jIH.} so I used it.

> I'll tell that to my english teacher next time we write an exam: "I
> liked the expression, so I used it." :-)

DaqaSmoHchugh vaj qaHo'bej. =|:-) rut muj ghojmoHwI'pu' je.
qechpu' QaQ law' Hoch QaQ puS. pIj 'e' Qubpu' yabpu' Qup.

> I think it's wrong, but I
> have no proof. Let's leave it to the advanced among us.

jIQochbe'.

>> {yIyajchu'be'.} Are you giving me an order *not* to explain the process
>> which created my name?

> Right. Because I didn't understand the process clearly... but there are
> many people here that are much smarter than me, so go ahead ;-)

ghobe'. vIja'be', Su'Ijrupchugh.
vIja'be'pa' vIghellu'.

> Quvar muHwI'

/maHvatlh

--
   Zrajm C Akfohg    www.come.to/dark   Tel:018-500911
   Uppsala, Sweden   [email protected]    ICQ:16769663

Back to archive top level