tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 18 07:55:40 1999

Re: 'Iv jIH?

ghItlh 'upSala'ngan:
> 'ach qapubpu' 'ej jIDIv.
"But I boiled you and I'm guilty" ??

> I use comma everywhere I feel that I
> would have helped me when I had just begun to be able to read klingon. That
[...]
> I anyone have any opinions about whether it is a good practice or not to use
> puntuation this way I open for suggestions.
Yes, me! :-)
I think for you it's okay to use them in order to keep long sentences
cut apart, but it confuses me.
I believe it can be useful for advanced beginners to put one in long
sentences like {qaStaHvIS wa' ram loSSaD Hugh SIjlaH qetbogh loD}
between {qaStaHvIS wa' ram} and {loSSaD Hugh SIjlaH qetbogh loD}.

> {qo''a'Daq loDHom neH jIH.}
That's nice :-)

> Ooops! {DopDaq qul yIchenmoH QobDI' ghu'.} Wrong prefix - my misstake.
qabbe'. bIQaghtaHvIS bIghoj.

> "I am he." - It almost sounds Shakesperian, don't you think? I believe it's
> grammatical - but I think your suggestions are that too. Only a choice of
> preference then. - I liked {ghaH jIH.} so I used it.
I'll tell that to my english teacher next time we write an exam: "I
liked the expression, so I used it." :-)   I think it's wrong, but I
have no proof. Let's leave it to the advanced among us.

> {yIyajchu'be'.} Are you giving me an order *not* to explain the process
> which created my name?
Right. Because I didn't understand the process clearly... but there are
many people here that are much smarter than me, so go ahead ;-)

Quvar muHwI'

Back to archive top level