tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 17 06:47:26 1999

Re: my thesis again

> I was wondering if you could help me out with the writing system. In the
> Dictionary I read that there is one writing system, called pIqaD. But in a
> Dutch Star Trek magazine I read this week that there are at least three
> writing systems (one Fusional Klingon, and two Imperial Klingon - Rumay Klin
> Bar Chak and Klin Zhan Bur). In the magazines the three systems are shown.
> What am I to believe?
> Thanks,
> Judith Hermans

The reason for that is that there is no official (canon) Klingon writing
system.

Look at the KLI's PDF-download page for orthography.pdf, it's very
interesting.
Another resource I could suggest is my own site www.levinius.de There I
explain how to use the pIqaD.

If you want an expalanation that remains within the Star Trek universe,
we could say that the Klingon Empire is very large, so why should there
not be more than one writing system? Just look at how many exist on
Earth, only one planet!

Quvar muHwI'

Back to archive top level