tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 04 15:07:49 1999

KLBC: Danger Will Robinson! Newbie on the list.

Greetings!

I have been a subscriber for about a year now. I know it's a long time
before I plucked up the courage to send a post. But here I am. Let me
introduce myself. I'm called Claire, but my Klingon name is ghItlhwI'. I
live near Newcastle in the UK. I'll tell you more about myself when I
have learned to tell you in Klingon.

For a competition, I had to think of a good use for a tribble. 'oghwI'
challenged me to translate it into Klingon. This is what I came up with.

yIHnaQ - lanmey Qatlh SIch Say'meH.

It's meant to say Tribble on a Stick - for cleaning difficult to reach
places.

I did not know how to convey the thought of the tribble being on the
stick. So I thought tribble stick would convey the same meaning, as it
does for painstick.

How did I do?

ghItlhwI'
(courtesy of 'oghwI').