tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 04 16:10:51 1999

Re: KLBC: Danger Will Robinson! Newbie on the list.

I'm fairly new myself, but I don't think that people need to use words such
as "warning" or "danger" when they're first posting. Be a tad more
optimistic.

>yIHnaQ - lanmey Qatlh SIch Say'meH.

>It's meant to say Tribble on a Stick - for cleaning difficult to reach
>places.

maj.

You could say <naQDaq yIH> but I like "tribble stick" better.  However, you
need to say <Say'moHmeH>, "in order to cause to be clean", as opposed to
just <Say'meH>, "in order to be clean". I would have used <yoS> in the
stead of <lan>, and if you're going to use them as parts of the body (which
is how I interpreted the phrase) then it has to be pluralized by <-Du'> and
not <-mey>. Also, I don't think that you can say <Qatlh SIch>, but I don't
know how to say it, something like <SIchlaHbe'lu'>, the problem with that
is that it uses two type 5 suffixes, so maybe <SIchbe'lu'>, I don't know.

--- loD Doq

Back to archive top level