tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 04 12:33:46 1999

Re: cheb'a' to the Kg. was (Re: Higher math)

ja' Voragh
>It comes from Marc Okrand's post to the newsgroup
>msn.onstage.startrek.expert.okrand on October 22, 1997 (Subject: Re:
>Weights and Measures):

Do you have to be a MSN member to get this news server?
or do you have the server URL so I can subscribe.  My ISP does not have a
news server so I have difficulty with some newsgroups.

> "A common unit of weight is <cheb>, which is around five pounds
> (2.25 kg or so)."
>
>Note his careful use of the qualifiers "around" and "or so"; this is only a
>rough approximation.  From the same post Okrand said,
>
> "We don't know a whole lot about Klingon weights and measures,
> but here's a little more information that may be helpful."
>
>The man hates to paint himself into a corner.

Sounds like he likes to be able to change his mind :), but don't we all....

>--
>Voragh
>Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

'oghwI'