tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 24 20:12:21 1999

KLBG

Pillow (a.k.a. pI'lo) says:
    I can relate to Edy, when he (she?) relates how people react to our
interest in tlhIngan Hol. Last night I was extremely lucky. I was bored
at work, but it is too dark in the bar to study or work on any
translations. I struck up a conversation with a customer who also seemed
bored. I asked him what sort of things he does for fun. He said I
wouldn't be interested. I said "Try me." He shrugged and told me that he
teaches Esperanto. I said, "Isn't it a drag when there is nobody local
to share your interest in an obscure, fabricated language?" We proceeded
to have a wonderful conversation, comparing Esperanto to tlhIngan Hol.
Too bad the little laminated prefix/suffix chart I carry in my waitress
cache was too tiny for him to read, and I'd left my dog-eared copy of
TKD in my gym bag!
    When I got home after work, the answering machine was blinking. I
had a long distance message from the qep'a'. Marc Okrand himself left a
greeting and confirmed that he would be at the convention in Baltimore
the 2nd weekend in October. I marvel at how tiny the universe really is.
As a rank beginner who spent over an hour today on one measly little
sentence, HaDtaHghachvam vItIvqu'!
        Ms. Pillow/pI'lo

Back to archive top level