tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 13 20:23:47 1999

Re: qa'vIn

ja'pu' charghwI':
> He'So' mu'tlheghvam je.

ja' K'ryntes
><He'So' je mu'tlheghvam> DajatlhnIS 'e' vIHar.

lugh K'ryntes.  (rut lughbe' charghwI' net tu'.)
Whether you're applying the "also" to the subject or the object of
the sentence, the {je} comes after the verb.

TKD page 55:
| The noun conjunction {je} has an additional function:  when it follows
| a verb, it means /also, too/.
|
| {qaleghpu' je} /I also saw you, I saw you too/
|
| As in English, the meaning of such sentences is ambiguous:  /I and
| others saw you/ or /I saw you and others/.  The exact meaning is
| determined by context.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level