tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 13 13:08:10 1999

Re: Ordering food

I would just say "He makes the house white." as
juH chISmoH (ghaH). When I use a phrase like (object) (verb)+moH
(subject) I usually translate it as "(subject) causes (object) to
(verb)", in this case "He causes house to be white."

If I wish to translate "(Subject) causes (object) to (verb) (other
object)," like in "The officer caused the guard to hit the captain.", I
do it like "(other object) with no t5 suffix (object) (verb)+moH
(subject)", so my above sentence would be "HoD 'avwI' qIpmoH yaS" (In
TKD it says if there are other nouns in a sentence they go before the
direct object.)