tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 03 01:17:20 1999

my thesis

Hello,
my name is Judith Hermans and I am in my last year at university. I'm
writing my thesis and the subject is Klingon and it's speakers!
Now I'm first collecting all kinds of literature about language variation
and artificial languages, but in a few months I want to conduct a survey
under Klingon-speakers. My teachers thinks my subject stinks and he is very
sceptic. He thinks that I won't find any people who speak Klingon and even
if I find some, that they won't cooperate. Is he wrong?

If there are people among you who will want to help me and answer a survey
in a few months (questions about Klingon and about yourself, because I want
to get a profile from Klingon-speakers), please send me a mail.

Thanks a lot!
Judith

PS. I have just started, so maybe I haven't looked well enough, but I have
some trouble finding literature about the language Klingon itself. Not a
grammarian or a dictionary, because I have those at home (yes, I'm a Star
Trek fan), but something linguistic. Can someone help me with this or are
there any linguistics reading this mail willing to answer some questions?

Judith Hendriks-Hermans       [email protected]
Groesbeeksedwarsweg 229       NL-6521 DJ Nijmegen,
The Netherlands,              (..+31)(0)24-3609989
" Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else"

Back to archive top level